Sunday, January 31, 2010

I haven't written in almost a month. I guess I'm not sure where to take this blog. I have made some big decisions with my life since just last month. I've lived in San Francisco now for a little over 5 years. I originally came here for graduate school--to study counseling psychology and drama therapy. There are only two grad programs in drama therapy in the U.S. One is in NY-where I am from and was living before I moved out here. The other one is here, in San Francisco. I finished grad school three years ago. Originally, I was planning on moving right back, and I'm still here. I didn't feel ready to move back yet--I haven't felt that it was time until....

My nephew (May 2008) and niece (December 2009) were born.
I always knew I would eventually move back to NY, and I also never expected to stay here as long as I have, but it's been great--experiencing a new city, having to meet new friends, be on my own more than I ever have before (most of my family is back in NY)-it has been-please excuse the overused word--but it HAS been a journey. I've been thinking more and more about moving back east over the last 1-2 years, and feeling that it is nearing that time more recently. So, in about 6 months I will move back to New York.



2 comments:

  1. Hey there please do keep writing and keep the name the same. birthmark project is beautiful the way it is. My goodness if every blog had to be in a certain theme it would be limiting to you the writer and would not be much fun.

    I used to write a lot and haven't in a while. This is motivating me. On most "normal days" I don't actually feel moved to write. It seems that its only when I am passionate on a subject that I am able to do it. Please do keep writing I look forward to seeing more. You are good and honest stay that way! Say exactly what you feel and thats what people notice and pick up on. Good Job! It happens when it happens its totally normal for me to blog then not do so for a month or 2 then come back. It happens in waves. Looking forward hon!! - Adam Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your support. I'm glad my blog is motivating you to write again, but, as you said, sometimes it does come and go. Lately, I have been trying to write everyday, and have put myself on a schedule. When I'm not writing this blog, I'm doing a lot of outside writing on a writing project that will hopefully be able to reach a much wider audience in the future. So, even though the writing on this blog isn't everyday, the schedule has really helped me get moving on my outside writing project. I highly recommend it. One book that helped me get more organized, and that I found to be inspiring-and help shake up my inner critic-is "Time to Write." Thanks again for reading my blog. Y'all come back now:)

    ReplyDelete